Tuesday, September 15, 2009

First week on the Hill!

So far I am really enjoying my internship! I am learning a lot and everyone I work with is incredibly nice and helpful. Last weekend, I got to enjoy seeing the Holocaust Memorial Museum. I had already seen this memorial when I came to DC in 8th grade, but I must say, it did not make as much of an impact on me as it did this past visit. I think this memorial is something that every American, yet every human being should see. This memorial was honest, respectful and enlightening. It unfortunately opened my eyes to kind of hatred that humans can have for one another.

Besides seeing the museum I also walked up and down the Mall with some friends and enjoyed the sites. Then on Saturday evening I went out with some friends.

So far I love living at this place. EVERYONE is so friendly and welcoming and I have already made some really good friends. I am still getting used to waking up at 6:30 in the morning and actually functioning. However this means my bedtime is well 10:00. I am so thankful for this internship and all the friends that I am making here in Washington, God has once again blessed me beyond anything I could ask for. Not to mention blessing me with a wonderfully supportive family, who just sent me a care package today! I was so excited!
Anyway, it is bedtime now. Thanks for all the love and support!

All my love,

Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment